Saturday, July 2, 2011

iTroubles

The dreaded day has arrived. The day when iLiana, my trusty iPhone, finally failed me. For the past 2 1/2 years she has been a faithful, though at times stubborn, servant and had served me so well on the first 2 1/2 weeks of my European adventure. Was it a coincidence that she failed me on the exact first day I was to travel solo? Somehow I think not.

I googled for answers on ways to repair her; I wandered the streets of Florence with tear-brimming eyes asking various electronic stores for help to no avail. She is positively dead. And I do not reach a city with an Apple store for another week. So until then, my blogposts are doomed to be exceptionally boring. I apologize and to make up for that fact, here are some random photos that survived the crash:

My first gelato in Florence! This was a combo of straciatella and hazelnut flavors.




Fake cats decoupaged to the walls of Academy Hostel in Florence. They scared me everytime I walked past them. Every. Single. Time.




Pasta vending machine at the hostel. Only in Italy.




Wine vending machine in hostel. See above.




The Pontevecchio bridge at sunset! This bridge is absolutely gorgeous. We watched a couple get engaged there just a few moments before.


So that's it! No more photos for [hopefully no longer than] a week. I sincerely apologize to my millions of dear readers out there. Let us pray that the French Apple store people can revive our long lost friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment